Photographing the April 8 Total Eclipse - Webinar, Sat Feb 24

Hi All,

Here’s a registration link for next week’s solar eclipse webinar - I’ll be sending this out to the list in the next couple of days, but forum members get a head start!

Here’s the planned agenda - it’s going to be a full on 90 minutes!

• Quick recap of solar eclipse basics in Photo Ephemeris
  • Solar Eclipse data in Photo Ephemeris Web
  • Solar Eclipse data in Photo Ephemeris iOS
  • Location planning
  • Weather mobility and observation trade-offs
  • Equipment
  • Exposure
  • Field of view
  • Shooting practice tips

I’ll be demoing both the web app and iOS apps, as I imagine you’ll do your advanced planning on the web, and then switch to mobile as the date approaches and we all hit the road!

Hope you can join.

Looks like it will be a record crowd for this webinar - well over 800 registered so far.

I’m also delighted to announce that we’ll have a special guest joining us: eclipse cartographer and photographer Michael Zeiler of greatamericaneclipse.com.

Michael has photographed numerous eclipses around the world over the past couple of decades and is a member of the International Astronomical Union Working Group on Solar Eclipses.

There’s still time to sign up. If we overflow the webinar attendance limit, we’re planning on streaming live to YouTube at the same time.

1 Like

I cannot make it live. Please share the recording when you can. Sorry to miss

No worries - will do!

I just found a super cool shot plan that we’ll talk through - a double diamond ring above a lighthouse.

1 Like

Loved today’s webinar, lots of great information

1 Like