Sun and Moon Paths in Street view on TPE web

I was wondering if it’s possible for you to overlay the Sun and Moon Paths in Streetview on TPE Web like you do in the iPhone app. I know on the Web we have Photo Realistic view that works fine most of the time, but there are times where it would come in handy in some situations, in the Cuyahoga Valley NP we have a Heron Rookery right next to the road and while Photo Realistic view is great for seeing buildings a lot of times you don’t see the trees. Here’s a shot from the iPhone with the overlay on Streetview and Streetview on the Web version.

I recall looking into this a while ago and it seemed that the web version of StreetView didn’t quite expose enough information on the orientation of the view to allow this to work very well. I’ll try to refresh my memory.

BTW, I’ve spotted some StreetView imagery in iOS that is badly and obviously mis-registered, so beware. Check the imagery has a level and plausibly placed horizon line – it’s usually obvious when it does not.

(Coastal Spain south of Barcelona was the spot in question – I can’t seem to relocate it.)

1 Like

Thanks since you added Photo Realistic to the Web I rarely use streetview, I was just curious as to why IOS had the overlays but the web didn’t