Planit Pro - possible to import markers from that app?

Coming over from years with Planit Pro app and have 80+ markers mapped. Is there any way to export those for import into TPE? Any assistance is appreciated!

Hi @FuzzyLens – you can import .pft files as Shot Plans, but I haven’t looked at markers yet. Happy to delve into that and report back though – leave it with me…

Stephen

1 Like

I see there’s a share icon next to the Markers menu in Planit that shares a .mrk file with multiple markers included. I think that would be best path to supporting import.

I could use some sample data to work with, as this doesn’t appear to be a documented format as far as I can see.

@FuzzyLens or others - do you have anything you’d be able to share?

(Probably to send via direct message or to support@photoephemeris.com rather than posting on the forum.)

@FuzzyLens – thanks for your message. See here for a version to test!

Fantastic! Imported 92 markers without a hitch / tested about a dozen and all had accurate pin placement result.

Thank you for this addition! Will spread the word to the Planit Pro folks I know to save them a ton of time and effort to make the transition.

2 Likes